[oi-dev] /dev -> /hipster update

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Mon Feb 24 12:27:25 UTC 2014

Hi all.

On 02/21/2014 22:14, Milan Jurik wrote:
> On pá, 2014-02-21 at 14:59 +0400, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>> Good day.
>> I've been working on updates to several packages in /hipster which are
>> older than in /dev.
>>
>> This work is necessary to allow /dev -> /hipster updates.
>>
>> Current status is shown here:
>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1teq-uByT4z1wojY74B8J-r35zeLa1CpuEXaBQWhqikY/edit
>>
>> I've updated all packages which existed in oi-userland. Several packages
>> are missing. Some of them are obsolete, so this doesn't matter.
>>
>> The following packages are a bit specific (two packages which were added
>> to oi-jds after /hipster split:
>>
>> system/library/orc
>> library/desktop/gdk-pixbuf
>>

> This is the list from a9, not from the latest JDS dev, isn't it?

Yes, it's from a9.

About orc. It's funny, but we have developer/orc package in /hipster.
Now it seems to allow updates we have either rename our package or
deliver rename for /dev package. I like /dev <-> /hipster cooperation :(

Another question is XNV/JDS updates.
It seems that we have to reimport or rebuild them on /hipster to allow
updates from /dev. As I understand, many packages from these
consolidations have "magic" 0.5.11 version, so we can't even reliably
detect that they are changed.

Thinking about this I see the following option: mark all packages (even
not rebuilt one) with version significantly higher then used in /dev, so
that on update such packages with hidden versions could be succesfully
downgraded and we received consistent system image.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,