[oi-dev] oi_151a9 roadmap & planning

Andy Stormont andyjstormont at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 16:13:11 UTC 2014

On 19 Feb 2014, at 16:45, Peter Tribble <peter.tribble at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 2:35 PM, Andy Stormont <andyjstormont at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I’d love to see an SVR4 distro that was actually supported by upstream illumos but I won’t be the one to make it happen.
>
> Define supported. Tribblix is a pure SVR4 distro from a vanilla illumos-gate,
> really just a handful of scripts to build the distro. I didn't need anything on
> the illumos side to make it all work.

I want to be able to checkout, build and install illumos-gate without having to jump through any hoops.
In my mind supported means I can do that using the same or a similar process to the process documented
for OI on illumos.org.  It shouldn’t feel like a second class citizen.

When I get a chance I’ll check Tribblix out.

Andy.