[oi-dev] [developer] GSoC? Decision time....

Adam Števko adam.stevko at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 19:06:16 UTC 2014

Hi,

another possible project for GSoC could be adding TRIM support in illumos. According to my information, only some sd driver modifications  are needed.
SSDs are becoming  more widespread and illumos is the only OS which does not have proper TRIM support I know about.

Is this a suitable task for GSoC? I suppose there are many engineers on the list with needed expertise, who could mentor a student.

Cheers,
Adam