[oi-dev] firefox is coming, be ready for surprises...

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Wed Jan 8 15:16:10 UTC 2014

Hello.

Nikola M. писал 08.01.2014 12:35:
> On 01/ 7/14 11:35 PM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>> Hello, people.
>>
>> After struggling for a week with OpenJDK I think I have something
>> almost working. Of course, it has bugs, but I don't know much about
>> them.
> Does it means there are bugs you recognize, don't know how to fix
> them, but posting changes anyway? Or you do not recognize any bugs you
> can see and it is bug-free as much as you can say?
> Thanks anyway.

I suppose there is some bug with certificate access in firefox-java
related to keystore access.
It can be seen as
"java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Password verification failed",
when browser is launched from command prompt.
Don't have any ideas what should be done about this. Perhaps, password
used for generating keystore has to be stored in some config.

It doesn't prevent applets from being started, but OpenJDK version 7
cause some of them to malfunction.
We have some Java-based KVMs here, which just don't like anything except
Sun Java 5.

Anyway, FF 17, OpenJDK 1.7.45 and the latest icedtea-web have been
published today. So, enjoy and report bugs :)
I've checked that at least several our management interfaces work with
it.

I'd also like to see OpenJDK 1.6 (and OpenJDK 1.6-based Firefox plugin)
available out of the box for compatibility reasons.
But I don't know if I can do it in the nearest future.
---