[oi-dev] SPARC-port: THIEF of my work, not this time again!

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 24 18:41:34 UTC 2014

Andrzej,

Actually, Solaris 11.1 provides a newer Xorg and its kernel still lacks full support for key features I want.

So...updating Xorg for OI-hipster provides the build environment to compile the latest Xorg device drivers and do this in a FOSS fashion.

The Nvidia drivers are already compatible with the newer Xorg 1.14 so you 'really' won't lose anything in the process if you do true 2D/3D desktop graphics work.

The intel driver works when Intel KMS is present in the Intel kernel module. But what is the point of first having the kernel module when you can't easily compile the intel driver in an older or hybrid XServer 1.7.7 test environment.  Make sense?

Like putting a V12 engine in a FIAT 500. You can do it, but really??

~ Ken Mays

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android