[oi-dev] [HEADS UP] Python 2.7 modules are also built by default

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Sat Jan 25 18:16:20 UTC 2014

Adam Števko писал 24.01.2014 23:01:
> Alexander,
>
> well done and thanks for your efforts! Is python27 patched to support
> DTrace?

Hi, Adam.
Unfortunately, I know from little to none in DTrace or in how it should
work in Python. I see only two python providers:
7   4278 PyEval_EvalFrameEx:function-return
7   4277 PyEval_EvalFrameEx:function-entry

Don't have any idea how to use them. Oracle's 05-dtrace.patch is applied
to Python 2.7
I see some #if defined(__amd64) and elif defined(__sparc) in this patch.
Perhaps, it doesn't work for Python on i386. If someone could give me
some script or advice how to check it, I could try to look on it.
---