[oi-dev] [OpenIndiana-discuss] success stories about SRSS and OI

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sun Jul 6 13:53:40 UTC 2014

On 2014-07-05 21:32, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>> BTW, I see the same behavior on /dev with recent illumos-gate
>> (compiled with GCC).
>> However, dhcpconfig works on stock /dev a8.
>> So, I see two possibilities:
>> 1) something is wrong with using GCC & dhcp Java configuration tool
>> 2) dhcpconfig is broken in current illumos-gate.
>
> Checked on both GCC-compiled and Sun Studio compiled latest illumos the
> following command fails:
>
> # dhcpconfig -D -r SUNWfiles -p /var/dhcp -l 28800
> dhcpconfig: Error - creating location: /var/dhcp.
>
> But it works on the same host on OI /dev a9.
>
> Has someone seen something similar?

Unfortunately yes, I saw this too. I think I posted about that
around May, perhaps after Jonathan's complaints and/or in reply
to them, but couldn't manage to google up my posts now.

Anyhow, Sun DHCP never worked on my new laptop installation
which started out with hipster, for neither of the formats of
SUNW{bin,}files database. Other tools like the X11 GUI and
pntadm complained as well.

Did anyone recently try to import verbatim the related binary
and library files from a working (OIa9) installation into
hipster to see if the SUNWdhcp* or the rest of the OS is the
problem? I think I tried, and failed, but can't certainly
remember and say that I did - last month was too turmulous
for such minor details to stick ;(

truss/strace also did not pop out any apparent problems for me.

HTH,
//Jim