[oi-dev] Update ftp package to Proftpd 1.3.5

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 31 17:21:24 UTC 2014

Oracle has already replaced wu-ftpd for proftpd.

See: http://pkg.oracle.com/solaris/release/manifest/0/service%2Fnetwork%2Fftp@1.3.4.0.3%2C5.11-0.175.2.0.0.42.1%3A20140623T021355Z (Proftpd 1.3.4)

So, we should replace OI service/network/ftp with proftpd 1.3.5.

Thanks,
Ken

On Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:57 AM, Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru> wrote:

On 07/28/2014 10:13, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> On 07/27/2014 21:38, ken mays wrote:
>> Alex,
>>
>> We are using WU-ftpd which is the legacy ftp server used for the
>> service/network/ftp package.
>>
>> Upstream replaced it with Proftpd awhile ago in userland.
>>
>> Ref:
>> service/network/ftp

Hello.

I'd like to ask the following question. illumos-gate provides
service/network/ftp and related packages (sources are in
usr/src/cmd/cmd-inet/usr.sbin/in.ftpd). What do you think about it? I
mean, for example, we can replace service/network/ftp with proftpd. Or
add one more service/network/proftpd package, perhaps moving some
proftpd files so that they don't conflict with wu-ftpd. Or perhaps, just
ignore it and wait until illumos folk replace it with proftpd...

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,