[oi-dev] Review switch of /usr/perl5/bin/perl to perl 5.16

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Mon Jun 16 12:23:55 UTC 2014

Hello.
I'm going to switch /usr/perl5/bin/perl to perl 5.16.

It includes the following:

a) Perl switch https://github.com/pyhalov/oi-userland/compare/perl
followed by perl modules recompilation (removing
-Dperl_static_inline="static" is likely to break ABI, but is necessary
to avoid warnings from nightly)

b) Adding patching support to illumos-gate and adding small fix
necessary to build perl modules with Perl 5.16:

https://github.com/pyhalov/oi-userland/compare/illumos-gate-patches

This change also modifies perl-516/sun-solaris version from 0.5.11 to
5.11 as it was incorrectly set in packages provided by oi-userland.

I was running several test systems with updated /usr/perl5/bin/perl .
Haven't seen any regressions.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,