[oi-dev] /hipster-2014.1 IPS repo

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Mon Jun 16 06:19:01 UTC 2014

On 06/16/2014 04:03, Andrzej Szeszo wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I took latest packages from /hipster and formed /hipster-2014.1 repo
> out of them. New IPS repo is much smaller and should make pkg
> install/update/etc. operations faster. We've been talking about doing
> it for quite some time now and I have finally did it :)
>
> Build box was re-configured to publish new packages to the 2014.1
> repo. /hipster repo will not receive any updates from now on and it is
> recommended to change your publisher if you want to track the bleeding
> edge branch:

Hi, Andrzej.

Thanks for doing this. I've just successfully updated my test systems.

One more IPS question - what do you think about Web UI problem?
It seems that current Web UI doesn't show latest packages. I think it
selects packages based on entire version  -
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/pkg5/blob/oi/src/web/shared.shtml#L51 .
So, when you go to
http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-2014.1/en/catalog.shtml you see only
packages from 0.151.1.8.1 branch.
Interesting thing to note - I don't see such behavior on my build server
- http://buildzone.oi-build.r61.net:1000/en/catalog.shtml - here I see
the latest packages.

--
Best regards,