[oi-dev] [HEADSUP] gstreamer is rebuilt,

Milan Jurik milan.jurik at xylab.cz
Wed Mar 19 05:40:06 UTC 2014

Hi,

SFE is older than IPS, currently it has 10 years nearly. I never agreed
if somebody selected wrong IPS package name. It was fault of somebody
who packaged ORC under developer/orc name in hipster. Which is wrong
name for ORC.

SFE is not CSW. Separation of packages to /opt/something is wrong idea,
very wrong. I wrote it many times in history. We have to be user
friendly, finding ways of coexistence. It is not easy but it works if
you follow the rules.

OI is using the same name convention as SFE, so it can move ORC from
SFE to OI without such problem.

Best regards,

Milan