[oi-dev] syslogd

Mon May 12 12:45:41 UTC 2014

Gary,

no problem! You don’t have to be afraid of messing things up as you will work in your copy of oi-userland. If something will be wrong, I will comment on it/notify you.

First, you have to fork https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland under your Github account (more info at  https://help.github.com/articles/fork-a-repo).
Next, checkout your repository to your computer via git clone. Modify files as needed, commit them and push those changes back to your repository on Github.

Before you do anything with git, you might read a guide at https://rogerdudler.github.io/git-guide/. Just check out pages about “git clone”, “git add”, “git commit” and “git push”.

Once, you are finished with your modifications and you pushed the changes to github, create a pull request (https://help.github.com/articles/creating-a-pull-request).

If you need anything else, just come back to me.

Cheers,
Adam