[oi-dev] [developer] The java bits from my build-elsewhere wad, and prior work (Illumos 4719)

Andrzej Szeszo aszeszo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 15:27:31 UTC 2014

Hi All

OI hipster is maintained and is using pretty much unmodified
illumos-gate. We apply few cosmetic changes to the vanilla tree but we
don't maintain separate illumos-gate git repo. OpenJDK 7 is available
in OI hipster repos so it should be fine after the switch.

No one is currently actively working on OI oi_151aX branch so there is
no one to coordinate the changes with. I guess whoever picks up the
work in the future would have to include OpenJDK 7 and fix any
illumos-gate related build issues.

Cheers,

Andrzej