[oi-dev] New Hipster ISOs are available

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 14:34:39 UTC 2014

Hi,
A while ago, I remember cloning an image from the repository using pkg to
upgrade my system between OpenSolaris and OpenIndiana (or SXCE) because the
update was not possible.
I also remember doing that on a mirrored root disk.
The outcome was that just the system directories (ROOT) were affected and
only activating a BE + a reboot were needed.
Has anyone tried that for hipster ?

Regards,

Aurelien

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 4:25 PM, Nikola M. <minikola at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/13/14 07:58 AM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> We are ready to announce new OpenIndiana Hipster 2014.10.10 ISOs.
>>
> Hi, if it can not be updated from /dev why ISOs are made then?
>
> You don't expect abandoning /dev and update line from  Opensolaris all up
> to Openindiana latest?
>
> I think if people are forced to reinstall current /dev installs from
> scratch,  with these Hipster ISOs,
> they would rather install other OS and migrate away..

LARCHER Aurélien          | KTH, School of Computer Science and
Communication
Work: +46 (0) 8 790 71 42 | Lindstedtsvägen 5, Plan 4, 100 44 Stockholm,
SWEDEN