[oi-dev] xmessage, ts, notion-3, and openttd

Josef 'Jeff' Sipek jeffpc at josefsipek.net
Mon Oct 13 20:40:16 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 10:46:24PM +0400, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Josef 'Jeff' Sipek писал 07.10.2014 06:38:
> >I have 4 new components to contribute.  A window manager, a command
> >batching
> >utility, a recipe for xmessage (as far as I can tell, our current xmessage
> >package comes from oi-build from a couple of years ago), and finally
> >OpenTTD
> >- because there's no reason OI can't be used for gaming. ;)
> >
> >You can get the changes via:
> >
> >$ git pull git://repo.or.cz/oi-userland/jeffpc.git hipster
> >
> >You can see the diffs at:
> >
> >http://repo.or.cz/w/oi-userland/jeffpc.git/shortlog/refs/heads/hipster
>
> I have the following issue while compiling openttd:

> It seems it needs some LDFLAGS/CFLAGS  (-R/usr/g++/lib -L/usr/g++/lib) to
> link to correct icu (we have both library/icu and library/g++/icu installed
> on the build server).
> Perhaps, it finds incorrect one?

Interesting.  I don't actually enable icu at all so I'm guessing that the
configure script is finding it on the build system you're using.

I explicitly disabled it in the Makefile and it still builds & runs for me.

FWIW, this is what I have on my system:

pkg://openindiana.org/developer/g++/icu@4.6-2014.0.1.0:20140528T072749Z      i--
pkg://openindiana.org/developer/icu@0.5.11-0.151.1.8:20130305T143907Z        ---
pkg://openindiana.org/library/g++/icu@4.6-2014.0.1.0:20140528T072752Z        i--
pkg://openindiana.org/library/icu@0.5.11-0.151.1.8:20130305T144448Z          i--

> Another strange one is notion-3. It installs config files in usr/etc/notion.
> Perhaps, you should specify something like
> COMPONENT_BUILD_ENV += ETCDIR=/etc/notion
> COMPONENT_INSTALL_ENV += ETCDIR=/etc/notion
> ?

Right.  Fixed.

> Merged xmessage update and ts addition.

Thanks.

I pushed the updated openttd & notion-3 packages to the same branch.

Jeff.

--
UNIX is user-friendly ... it's just selective about who its friends are