[oi-dev] Resignation

Peter jini at zeus.net.au
Sat Sep 13 00:28:38 UTC 2014

That's rich, a project with no stable release baseline to measure binary compatibility against won't accept patches unless ...

The logical solution is to maintain a stable kernel release version at OI, then use that as a baseline for patches and submit patches upstream to Illumos from OI rather than from individual developers.

That will put your patches on an equal footing as those with commercial interests.

I'd ignore the FUD about legacy platforms, projects that support multiple architectures are more stable for it.

Debian's constitution is minimal and a similar structure will lend strength to all your interests.  Why not base your project on one of the most successful free community projects?

Regards,

Peter.