[oi-dev] Resignation

Andreas Wacknitz a.wacknitz at gmx.de
Sat Sep 13 08:54:09 UTC 2014

Am 13.09.2014 um 09:23 schrieb Peter <jini at zeus.net.au>:

> [...]
You will need a working SPARC distribution first.
As far as I know the only working SPARC OpenSolaris derived distribution is OpenSXCE from Martin. He is frustrated because of the lack of support for it.
If you really want to have such a distribution you should consider joining that effort and helping him. You could offer him some money in order to finish his
work and release the sources for both, x86 and SPARC. He changes his mind often, probably because of his frustration but if he sees some real help
(especially money wise) I guess he would be able to set the basis for what you want. From what I read from his blog his actual plans are to release it
anyway, but that might change again if he continues to have so little support.
Recommendations are cheap but without a momentum this would not happen! There are too few SPARC machines and enthusiasts left.

Regards
Andreas