[oi-dev] Offtopic and personal revelations. Nothing here, move along.

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 21:27:31 UTC 2014

On 09/15/14 02:28 AM, Martin Bochnig wrote:
> Well, you UNIX Admin who only works for $$$.
:) I wish :P Actually I try to, that is the final goal, but I am long to
go to be cool guy like that. :humble:  Aha, my car also work on pedals
and sweat, not gasoline , if you know what I mean. :P
> You damn person are beginning to make me REALLY DAMN ANGRY!
Maybe it was not targeted to me, but sorry. I am usually even more
annoying in person even more, maybe we could get along quite well if we
meet :)
I could talk and you could send me angry words with text. And when you
speak gently, I could be angry on text :)

> If it relieves you: At the time when I offered OpenSXCE for sale, I
> was still willing to publish everything.
That is quite great. I appreciate your good thoughts. Actually
publishing it would be even better. :P
There is nothing wrong in selling. It is everything wrong in not
releasing source.
> However: In weeks and months and YEARS nobody ever came who bought it from me.
> I can easiliy prove this with my bank account statements that I saved
> (everything permanently 1000 EUR in Minus, paying 17% interest all the
> time!).
This is sub optimal personal finance. I would strongly advise to rather
receive governmental help then to have such high interest credit . It is
truly disastrous for person and I used to advocate to card owners to use
them wisely or not use them at all. It makes me a bit angry, too..  (I
personally never wanted to have credit card, even I was offered up to 3K
Euro, I just refused it because I know I am not that kind of guy on
income rate).
(Have we deep enough on off topic yet? :P  )
> _In RE-Action_ to all this, I finally lost my mood to share years of
> my life's work for free.
This is really sad. If someone did anything wrong to you i deeply apologize.
Yet I think you overreact all the time and I think it is not only me who
sees it.

I think had must be saying what I said, because i think those are
important things that can not be put under carpet no more, and for yours
and everyone's sake.
> If you have trouble in understanding this: Give me everything you got
> paid for your job from 2006 till 2014.  NOW!
WOW :)
That is interesting, actually, I changed many jobs since then, and made
some money of course, nothing much. But such contribution would be huge
form me,
and I suppose not so huge for westerner like you. :D (joking)

When i look at it actually it is really sad how little money I made for
that time,
even more sad when people you work for in regular job end up owning you
money, you already earned. I suppose that would hurt even more, wouldn't
it? :,
(Have we really really deep in Offtopic yet? Not fully)
> Instead of annoying me or the other readers with such shit, you could
> already have written a few lines of code, why didn't you?
Problem is another sad story. When it was the time to learn how to code
I could not to afford computer for years. And it was at a time when open
source systems started to be developed etc.
So I ended up not being programmer but I still think I could be at least
maintainer, porter and learn.
In previous period I mostly was testing OI Hipster, reporting bug on IRC
and sometimes posting them on OI bug database. (But It is very low
actually even if I was for months on IRC.) Why you are not on IRC? :P

I think problem is in mentoring and communication and distributing
coherent work.
Problem is in organizing WILLING people and that it full time job for
every project, true.
Also, as mentioned, I always had and have "infrastructure problems"
(remember mentioning you were out of internet for some time?) .
Those infrastructure problems (site, mailing list, forum, bug tracking,
discussions, wiki, code handling, testing servers) hinder every project
and projects need also people to deal with them.
Everything at the end comes down to need of having regular job TO be
able to peruse your real goals. And I am not there yet.
I see mostly myself as good at sales, (and Advocating) so I bitch around
when some changes are potentially affecting selling prospects, because I
think that , of course without selling services and  products, at least
somewhere, projects could not function.
I believe that Not being open source absolutely KILLS sales. :,,
(Because one can only rely on things he could maintain and withut code
it is not maintainable and therefore, not a good/competitive product) ;,
Par example, I force using Thunderbird, since it could be fixed when
something is wrong.
Same thing absolutely could not be said for Outlook, at least not from
end user and "in the middle" maintainer/admin.
> LBNL: Your reasoning about the "security concerns": Do you really
> trust your ISP or Oracle or MS or even any of the major LinUX
> distributors?
It is a question of relying on code reviews. EVERY change in open system
must be reviewed before included in main project.
That is the chain of changes with many eyes (and users) on the code that
make things more stable.
Some guys sometimes in academia and elsewhere, test and audit code in a
strange ways, that find some unseen bugs.

ISPs are of course not to trust, but that is out of topic here.
I believe one can trust to only products that are open and audited for
anyone to see.
And that is NOT enough. It is unspoiled chain of reviews by many people
that is needed,
and THAT is what is really hard actually.
> Even the large encrytion organisationz have been bought by NSA to
> intentionally weaken encryption.
Yeah, that is why people should use their own Certificate Authorities
and combine multiple solutions and  in products they use. That would be
ideally. In practice, Any kind of protecting privacy is welcome, if any.. :,

> NSA paid $10 million to put its backdoor in RSA encryption ...
> https://www.google.de/search?q=encryption+nsa+paid&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&gfe_rd=cr&ei=6i8WVIm9L8iF8QffsIDADg
This is out of topic, but I am glad you mentioned it, yet it clearly
needs some comment how and does it affect illumos distros etc.
> Well, if you really want to know it: Idiots like you are the reason,
> why I turn OpenSXCE back into a private OS for friends of myself:
>
> OpenSXCE's future:   http://opensxce.blogspot.de/2014/09/opensxces-future.html
It is really harsh, to whoever it is targeted.. I think you are blowing
things out of proportions, as usual ;,
At the end of the day, you might get sued from same "friends" you
distribute things you make, for not giving your code to them. Those
could be truly 'friends' like wolves in sheep skins, I say..
> Last thing, READ THAT (100 times) :
>
> It has little if anything to do with political """""views""""". The
> question is, who is still a human being, and acts like one?
Political views are offtopic, so they does not play a role actually.
I think you are only one that think they play some role regarding code
changes and software etc. They actually do not. I don't remember Anyone
anywhere bashed you for political views and it should stay that way.
But I really don't like you taking political views as an excuse for
jerking on the head of everyone who dares to talk with you about
anything. (sorry my French)

> http://opensxce.blogspot.de/2014/09/it-has-little-if-anything-to-do-with.html
Don't take every damn thing everyone is saying to the heart. Everyone
have right to say whatever he/she wants. Words are cheap. Don't suffer
from words.
Advise could be beneficial. And could be not. Things you decide , decide
you.
> BTW: Yes, Sun put Billions into the development of Solaris, and
> therefore wanted to protect that investment. And therefore was
> reluctant to release its src code. You know something: I put much of
> MY LIFE into OpenSXCE. And that's worth more than a few Billions. If
> you don't believe that, the day will come when you will  ...
That is absolutely true. Question is truly what is left after us on this
world.
One thing I I was thinking about today is:
How would some guy feel if everything in the world is destroyed and only
thing left to him is your product. If he does not have code to develop
if further, he is not in good position.
(Debian have something like that, code and dev distribution that could
be taken on "desert island" and developed) - and it is same as question
what we left to people that would come after us on this world.
So why money is actually so important to get back then.

If something I learned till now, if you peruse your moral guidance, and
work your job right, money comes to you anyway. People end up thinking
you are the guy worth the money.
And one needs a tiny bit less honesty , without telling lies, to make
things work.

"Buy our toothbrush to make your teeth clean and bright"
They of course don't say "We buy including substances for 2c per tube
and sell them for 5EUR. And btw, good teeth are more genetics then
anything else"
You don't say anything bad, but definitely, you sell good products, not
selling with pictures of shit on the package of the toothpaste and no
doctoral theses about toothpaste aether..
but you must be sure for your toothpaste to taste good, provide good
breath, have nice packaging.
And of course it they are bad for you teeth (closed source) people might
get angry..