[oi-dev] GDB in hipster

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Mon Sep 29 12:42:09 UTC 2014

On 09/29/2014 16:31, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
> Hi,
> is anyone able to use gdb from the latest hipster package ?
> Whenever I tried to load and run an executable I get:
>
> procfs:3961 -- process not stopped.
> procfs: ...giving up...
> (gdb) bt
> Target is executing.
>
> But this is actually not the case.
> I had compiled 7.6.x myself before and had the same issue, thus avoided it
> as I did not have the time to investigate.
> Thank you,

Hi.
Could you give more information.
For me it works somehow:

$ cat hello.c
#include <stdio.h>
int
main(int argc, char **argv)
{
   (void) printf("Hello World!\n");
   return (0);
}
$ gcc hello.c -O0 -ggdb -o hello
$ gdb ./hello
(gdb) break puts
Breakpoint 1 at 0x8050a5c
(gdb) run
Starting program: /export/home/alp/srcs/tests/./hello
[New Thread 1 (LWP 1)]
[Switching to Thread 1 (LWP 1)]

Breakpoint 1, 0xfeecbb66 in puts () from /lib/libc.so.1
(gdb) bt
#0  0xfeecbb66 in puts () from /lib/libc.so.1
#1  0x08050cf5 in main (argc=1, argv=0x8047da4) at hello.c:5
(gdb)

Is there a specific program which is not handled by gdb? Perhaps,
something multi-threaded ?

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,