[oi-dev] GDB in hipster

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Sep 30 05:47:04 UTC 2014

On 09/30/2014 03:24, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
> thank you for your reply.
> The only specific thing is that the code I develop uses MPI.
> I just checked if just calling a simple MPI_Init causes issues but I do not
> have much time right now so I just quickly copied a code snippet.
> I will get back to you later this week possibly.

> alarcher at phainos> cat mpi_init.c
> #include <mpi.h>
>
> int main(int argc, char* argv[])
> {
>    int initialized;
>    MPI_Initialized(&initialized);
>
>    if(!initialized)
>    {
>     MPI_Init(&argc, &argv);
>    }
>    return 0;
> }
> alarcher at phainos> gcc -ggdb mpi_init.c `pkg-config --libs mpich`
> alarcher at phainos> gdb ./a.out
> GNU gdb (GDB) 7.6.2
> License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
> and "show warranty" for details.
> This GDB was configured as "i386-pc-solaris2.11".
> For bug reporting instructions, please see:
> <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>...
> Reading symbols from /home/alarcher/hipster/gdb/a.out...done.
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /home/alarcher/hipster/gdb/./a.out
> procfs:3974 -- process not stopped.
> procfs: ...giving up...
> (gdb) q
> A debugging session is active.
>
>      Inferior 1 [process 3696] will be killed.
>
> Quit anyway? (y or n)

Still no luck.
$ gdb ./a.out
(gdb) break MPI_Init
(gdb) run
Starting program: /export/home/alp/srcs/tests/./a.out
[New Thread 1 (LWP 1)]
[Switching to Thread 1 (LWP 1)]

Breakpoint 1, 0xfecb4b06 in PMPI_Init () from
/usr/lib/mpich/gcc/lib/libmpi.so.12
(gdb) bt
#0  0xfecb4b06 in PMPI_Init () from /usr/lib/mpich/gcc/lib/libmpi.so.12
#1  0x08051f2f in main (argc=1, argv=0x8047da4) at mpi-init.c:10
(gdb) kill

or just

(gdb) run
Starting program: /export/home/alp/srcs/tests/./a.out
[Inferior 1 (process 13897    ) exited normally]
(gdb)

It seems, more complex example is required.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,