[oi-dev] OI hipster-2015 under vmware

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Wed Dec 9 08:01:23 UTC 2015

Hi.

Gordon Ross писал 09.12.2015 04:19:
> Yea!  I figured it out!   The vmmouse driver was left there from a
> long-ago (and probably misguided) installation of the tools from the
> vmware tools virtual CD.
> Some "pkg search" commands found me the ones already built into xnv,
> and I just needed to install it:
> sudo pkg install pkg:/x11/server/xorg/driver/xorg-input-vmmouse
>
> I'm not sure why that wasn't brought in by "entire" though...

In classical OpenSolaris or OpenIndiana /dev entire doesn't force any
packages to be installed. It forces installed packages to be at fixed
versions (if A is installed it should be A at 1.2.3). We haven't shipped
similar package until this October. Now we
have userland-incorporation package which ensures that all installed
packages have the latest versions.
This is usually an interesting task - to force installation of some
package on already installed systems. For example, to force
userland-incorporation installation I modified entire to depend on it.
---