[oi-dev] [OpenIndiana-discuss] Sun/Oracle China's DRM//KMS Sol11.2 port backported to function on old-style gfxp_private from pre-2010 era but still immediatedly PANICS

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 18:39:54 UTC 2015

Hi Martin,
thanks for the update!
The manual page mentions that support concerns:

"[...] the Intel i845, i865, i915, i945, i965 and G33 series
integrated graphics controllers."

while ThinkWiki mentions that, for Linux, the i915 driver may be used with
Intel HD Graphics.
Do you know if it is also the case ?
The Thinkpad X230 that I intended for testing is based on HD 4000 graphics.

Thanks again ;)
Best regards

Aurelien

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 10:18 PM, Мартин Бохниг <opensxce at mail.ru> wrote:

> Update: Yes, only switching back to from gcc to Studio made the bins work
> again on S11.1++ (without a single src change)
>
> Diffs, bins and crash dumps (generated on 11.0) as well as
> /var/adm/messages* (also from the same 11.0 host) have been uploaded as
> promised to:
>
> http://opensxce.org/kms_dump/Sun_DRMKMS_crashes_Sol11.0__.tar.bz2
> http://opensxce.org/kms_dump/Sun_DRMKMS_varAdmMessages_Sol11.0__.tar.bz2
>

> http://opensxce.org/kms/unstable_bins/20151210thu/CLEAN20151208wed__MYDIFFS__KMS.diff.txt
>
> http://opensxce.org/kms/unstable_bins/20151210thu/CLEAN20151208wed__MYDIFFS__KMS.diff__RENAMED_fb_info.txt
> http://opensxce.org/kms/unstable_bins/20151210thu/gfx_private_xxx.diff.txt
> (attention: mistakenly created in the wrong direction)
>

> Test-bins for 11.1++:
> http://opensxce.org/kms/unstable_bins/20151210thu/i915
> http://opensxce.org/kms/unstable_bins/20151210thu/drm
>

> rgds. to Sun,