[oi-dev] [OpenIndiana-discuss] Sun/Oracle China's DRM//KMS Sol11.2 port backported to function on old-style gfxp_private from pre-2010 era but still immediatedly PANICS

Мартин Бохниг opensxce at mail.ru
Fri Dec 11 19:12:07 UTC 2015

 Hi Aurélien,

ah, sorry, your link pointed to Sun's/Oracle's new port, rather than to Illumos.
But nevertheless: pciids are a thing that can be updated at one calm evening (on complicated code like DRM, in 5 minutes elsewhere).
However - it is completely pointless to discuss about hw matrix and supported pciids, as long as the thing panics due to reasons which are most likely not related to any specific cpu with any specific gpu.

For this reason - until we are beyond that step - I personally won't care about nor comment on pciids.

Forget the man page or wiki.
The intel driver supports all external (on-Mainboard) gpu chipsets from longer ago and since then all internal gpu's.

Reading such man page is pointless, because even on well supported targets such as LinUX it is probably completely outdated.
The DRM driver's name "i915" is misleading.
A better term might be "intelgpu".

After we have it running (Sun's 2013 port) - we can drink Champaign and update some man page or wiki or whatever we want.
Problem: We're not there yet.

Regards,
%martin