[oi-dev] libjpeg6 & libjpeg-turbo & VLC

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 17:07:19 UTC 2015

Hi,

> Do I understand correctly that after integration of these change we still
> ship libjpeg6 as default and libjpeg-turbo in alternative paths?

As it is yes, that's why I wanted feedback.
The manifest components/libjpeg6-ijg/libjpeg6.p5m delivers symlinks to
libjpeg6-ijg so as to provide the same path (/usr/lib) as before.
So all are installed in alternated directories but IJG 6b is the only
visible in /usr/lib.

That said, we can then migrate slowly components to use libjpeg-turbo with
version 8 support by altering the CFLAGS like I did with VLC.
We can have shared macros to provide the relevant C*FLAGS.
Also the symlinks to provide backward compatibility to IJG 6b could be
listed under a legacy SUNWjpg package in libjpeg6.p5m.

What do you think ?

Regards

Aurelien

--