[oi-dev] Update failure for linked zone outside rpool.

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 13:47:43 UTC 2015

Hello,
I just tried to update my system before recompiling the linear algebra libs
for work and I got the following failure during the update of the linked
build zone.

---
Planification linked: 0/1 done; 1 working: zone:oi-build
Linked image 'zone:oi-build' output:
|                Espace disponible estimé : 748.56 Go
|              Espace à consommer estimé : 326.30 Mo
| Reconstruire l'archive d'initialisation :       Non
`
Planification linked: 1/1 done
TELECHARGEMENT                      PACKAGES      FICHIERS    XFER (Mo)
VITESSE
Terminé                             409/409     7769/7769  277.5/277.5
0o/s

Téléchargement linked: 0/1 done; 1 working: zone:oi-build
Téléchargement linked: 1/1 done
PHASE                                       ELEMENTS
Suppression des anciennes actions          1214/1214
Installation des nouvelles actions         2777/2777
Mise à jour des actions modifiées        9301/9301
Mise à jour de la base de données d'état des packages    Terminé
Mise à jour du cache de packages            404/404
Mise à jour de l'état des images          Terminé
Création d'une base de données de recherche rapide    Terminé
Lecture de l'index de recherche             Terminé
Création de l'index de recherche          1230/1230
Exécution linked: 0/1 done; 1 working: zone:oi-build
Linked progress: /pkg: update failed (linked image exception(s)):

A 'sync-linked' operation failed for child 'zone:oi-build' with an
unexpected
exception:
<ProtocolError for localhost/RPC2: -1 >

The child generated the following output:
pkg: No image rooted at '/tmp/tmphdzpdy/scratch/zones/oi-build/root/'
--

The build zone is not on the rpool due to a lack of space.

The new BE is mounted as follows:

rpool/ROOT/hipster-20151214                          1,13G  16,8G  51,1G
/tmp/tmphdzpdy

and /tmp/tmphdzpdy/scratch/ is empty since no zfs dataset is mounted there.

Any idea ?
Thanks

Aurelien

--