[oi-dev] libjpeg-turbo and VLC

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 00:19:06 UTC 2015

Hello,
thanks for your feedback !

I did a compile of vlc out of the oi-userland component you made and it
> compiled fine.

Cool :) I like using oi-userland like a ports system to install stuff
locally, with the time I find it really easy going.

I tried a few video and old stuff MPEG, mp3,.. are fine.

Regarding MP4 (x264) I have issues (XCB messages in console) but I'm not
> sure how much the "run in vbox" situation is responsible from that.

I tried also a few format and so far did not have issues playing local
files but less sucess opening some streams.

I woud like to fix the lua plugin issue as well as some qt4 warnings.

I'll try more tests with DVDs next week.

Thank you !

> Like I said, I amazed how you guys caught back on those key softwares.

Alexander did a very good thing pushing oi-userland forward to allow easy
contribution process, let us hope that more people will git clone
oi-userland and jump aboard !

Best regards

Aurelien