[oi-dev] [OpenIndiana-discuss] Sun/Oracle China's DRM//KMS Sol11.2 port backported to function on old-style gfxp_private from pre-2010 era but still immediatedly PANICS

Мартин Бохниг opensxce at mail.ru
Wed Dec 23 13:42:31 UTC 2015

 Just fyi: I still didn't give up and on each day I spend at least 12 hours (on some days 18 hours) on it.
The idiot who at first pretended wanting to give me a job in Brussels then - after I settled things to move to Brussels - suddenly had no interest anymore (#20 of such type). At first he lured me and promised me 300  to 400 EUR per day in the ZFS storage admin biz, then suddenly forgets all of his earlier quite slimy honey-talk and doesn't care. At the same time I can say that it would have been the greatest pain for me to work in that region, so maybe it is better like that.

However - that's not why I ping you.
I also won't make any fund-raising until the day it really works (now we have week 5 of fulltime with it).

PLEASE ***NO*** DONATIONS UNTIL IT WORKS, TNX.
(having said that: BIG TNX to "mat" from Italy!)

The reason for my spontanous post are: I added old style tracing / debug reporting to all places I suspected of being uninitialized.
Today I found the so far lowest/earliest bits which are NULL.
Everything I tested during the past month cannot work now that I see how early it fails (so it was a waste of time, maybe my ignorance, on the other hand I'm a lot more familiar with more recent Intel-KMS than after my own port in 2013).

So - although one must be very careful with such promises - I have the feeling now, that it will work in a matter of days.

*No response necessary.*
This was only fyi as excuse why I still didn't have time to release anything else yet (such as Illumos kernel fix making Flash 11.x work, such as Thunderbird 42++ port, such as my openXsun port which make it function let alone GUI Caiman EFI installer etc etc etc).

You hear from me as soon as it finally hits the next breakthrough.
Merry X-Mas, stay tuned.