[oi-dev] [OpenIndiana-discuss] Sun/Oracle China's DRM//KMS Sol11.2 port backported to function on old-style gfxp_private from pre-2010 era but still immediatedly PANICS

Мартин Бохниг opensxce at mail.ru
Tue Dec 15 17:32:40 UTC 2015

Hi Ken,

we are waiting for more than two weeks for answers to simple questions, like for example how Sun implements gfxp_alloc_kernel_space() and gfxp_load_kernel_space() _precisely_ and what's wrong with my alternatives published 5 days ago (they do work on Sol11.1++, but not on 11.0 nor Illumos).

Or - if they cannot post these 10 or so lines, how else to get drm_gem_create_mmap_offset() functioning on 11.0 or lower.

Because my      obj->gtt_map_kaddr = vmem_alloc(heap_arena,  obj->real_size, VM_NOSLEEP);
only works on 11.1++

But the only things that we heard back suggested only nonsense, as outlined before.
So, ask them!

As for your Xorg versions or not or whatever: As long as the new drm port doesn't even work on 11.0 (let alone Illumos big time!!), what is this entire discussion good for?

How often shall I repeat this question until it becomes clear??

The slides: They deal with S11.1++ (mostly 11.3 and 11.next).
What do you derive from them? We are on Illumos here.
The branch off happened more than 5 years ago.

I'm still wondering if Sun ever takes the time to answer my questions.
I tried to be patient.
But slowly I'm getting the impression, no response will ever come.
Maybe we shopuld donate money to Oracle - because they are so poor and we so rich.
I really don't know. Or let's send them sweet cake.

But the point is: The little technical info I got back so far was mostly incorrect.
So what. BTW: I'm still wasting my time with it, day after day.

%martin