[oi-dev] OI User documentation

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 09:16:05 UTC 2015

On 12/25/15 04:55 PM, Michael Kruger wrote:

> Given how this documentation project is literally rising from the
> ashes of OpenSolaris, perhaps OpenIndiana should be renamed PheonixOS?
> It seems rather fitting as it describes the condition

Illumos logo itself represent stylized Phoenix and it is displayed on
every OI boot..I think that is enough for Phoenix presence ;)
Openindiana is recognized brand and has it's market value and
recognition, updating value and condition of OI itself is better then
updating branding.
I am always afraid of people asking on conferences "What, never heard of
it", when more and less first complete distro they hear about on illumos
front is Openindiana. (with respect to other illumos distros).