[oi-dev] Recommended XServer updates

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 14:20:45 UTC 2015

On 02/14/15 03:06 PM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Hi. I've just compiled xorg server 1.12.4.
> It seems to be OK. Almost OK. The issue is that all
> xorg-{video,input}* drivers should be recompiled,
> and we still don't have them all in oi-userland. Now I'm going to add
> them to oi-userland.
>
> Xorg 1.12.4:
> https://github.com/pyhalov/oi-userland/compare/xorg-server-1.12.4
Hi, as I mentioned on IRC, posting logs,
after updatimg from August 2014 Hipster that I last have, to final
20141010 in 2014.1 repo,
my gdm mand bunch of services stopped running because of some Hipster
bug before 20141010,
that does not work with /opt mounted in separate zfs dataset.

That problem still exist in -2015 Hipster and my system can not run any
GUI because of this bug.

I am urging for fix for this (it also happened several times during
Hipster life to omit situation where system dirs are mounted in separate
ZFS dataset),
to be fixed by refreshing 20141010 publisher first and then inside 2015,
too.

So that people like me that have updated Hipster to 20141010 and then
2015, do not end up with machine without gdm and other services thus
unable to continue testing.

Fresh install is of course not a solution, because I have many BE's, too
and also it should just work after update inside 2014.1 and 2015.
It is because of lack of testing at the end of 2014 but I am sorry for
not updating before to report this, I had slow bandwith till February.