[oi-dev] Messages sent without "List-Id:" header on the oi-dev mailiing List

Laurent Blume laurent+oi at elanor.org
Wed Feb 18 10:44:05 UTC 2015

Le 2015/02/18 11:25 +0100, Nikola M a écrit:
> Hi,
> I started receiving messages from oi-dev mailing list with ommited
> "List-Id:" headers
> (should be "List-Id: OpenIndiana Developer mailing list
> <oi-dev.openindiana.org>")
> - that makes Mail client mailing list filters not working.

Are you sure it was not merely an email sent to the list that you were
CC:'d to?
I see there was one like that sent by Jim Klimov just today.

Do note that a default mailman config will by default NOT send you a
message if it notices you're already CC:'d, so you don't receive twice
the same message, and thus save at least one or two thousands bytes of
mail storage.
There is a setting to change that behaviour in your mailman account
config. I always change it to receive both emails, so my filters work.

You can check that easily in the source of the email, if it was received
from the list, there will be that line:

If it's not present, then it was just the CC: that you received directly, so of course, no List-ID.

HTH,

Laurent