[oi-dev] [HEADSUP] X server update in OpenIndiana Hipster

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 10:44:04 UTC 2015

No, we didn't. You'll see that it was all worth it. Ingenuity is risky business - just own it, and embrace it.Either breathe fire or blow smoke signals - or stand still.
~K

     On Tuesday, February 24, 2015 2:04 AM, Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru> wrote:

 On 02/24/2015 12:51, ken mays via oi-dev wrote:
> Nikola,
>
>  On Tuesday, February 24, 2015 12:03 AM, Nikola M <minikola at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  On 02/24/15 01:18 AM, ken mays via oi-dev wrote:
>
>    Nikolai,

Nikola, Ken.

This time we seriously fucked up with intel drivers. Sorry, but I didn't
have intel video adapter and couldn't test it. Intel 2.9.1 driver wasn't
working with new Xorg, so I updated it to 2.18, which is what is in
XstreamOS and hoped that if it worked for them, it could work for us.
Unfortunately, it wasn't true. I understand that KMS work will not land
to illumos-gate in the nearest time. I think we can look at downgrading
intel drivers to something like 2.9 (or even 2.6) which still supported
UMS until KMS work is ready. I don't know how much work it'll take to
make this crap work with new Xorg server, so no promises on time frame
for now. Until then you can use vesa.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,