[oi-dev] [HEADSUP] X server update in OpenIndiana Hipster

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 09:56:08 UTC 2015

On 02/27/15 10:21 AM, Jonathan Adams wrote:
> Is it impossible to "sticky" the intel driver, or is it incompatible
> with other new components?
>
> Jon
Seems like it is just version-updated to non-working one without
consulting testing.
Or at least without solution for all existing users.

Cleaning up hipster-2015 to the old one with old version, seems nicest
solution,
with ability to add new one for testing.
Even if it start suddenly working with illumos patched with KMS, it is
not solution for present installs and all with not newest Intel graphics.
Yet, Ken has all that in mind.