[oi-dev] [HEADSUP] X server update in OpenIndiana Hipster

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 10:07:54 UTC 2015

On 02/27/15 11:02 AM, Jonathan Adams wrote:

> On 27 February 2015 at 09:56, Nikola M <minikola at gmail.com
> <mailto:minikola at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 02/27/15 10:21 AM, Jonathan Adams wrote:
>>     Is it impossible to "sticky" the intel driver, or is it
>>     incompatible with other new components?
>>
>>     Jon
>     Seems like it is just version-updated to non-working one without
>     consulting testing.
>     Or at least without solution for all existing users.
>

> Sorry, I thought that that was what hipster was for ... I thought I
> was doing the testing ...
>
> Jon
Atually you are right. It is for testing while using it.

It is a problem we currently as community don't patch ouselfs in enough,
to produce also something else (suitable for wider audience testing)

It can be used also for everyday use ,while testing, yet also versioned
changes are needed to be able to step back before changes that get
breakage in some areas.
If having 20141010 (2014.1) BE alive, one can use that for now if
graphics not working.
(yet udating that has stopped for now).