[oi-dev] Perl 5.22 XML::Parser

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Wed Jul 29 21:44:57 UTC 2015

Aurélien Larcher писал 30.07.2015 00:22:
> Hi,
> one plain stupid question:  is Perl XML::Parser supposed to be upgraded
> automatically together with 5.22 update ?
> Thank you

Hi.
Perhaps, the answer is "it depends"...
I remember that some perl modules had strange version numbers, so
perhaps, /dev version had larger version than  /hipster. If it's the
case for this module and you have old xml-parser installed,
pkg update will not work. In other case it should.

Compare local and remote xml-parser versions.
For example, here everything is OK:

$ pkg info xml-parser
           Name: library/perl-5/xml-parser
built on
                 top of XML::Parser::Expat.
       Category: Development/Perl
          State: Installed
      Publisher: openindiana.org
        Version: 2.41
         Branch: 2015.0.0.0
Packaging Date: March  1, 2015 01:54:54 PM
           Size: 0.00 B
           FMRI:
pkg://openindiana.org/library/perl-5/xml-parser@2.41-2015.0.0.0:20150301T135454Z

$ pkg info -r xml-parser
           Name: library/perl-5/xml-parser
built on
                 top of XML::Parser::Expat.
       Category: Development/Perl
          State: Not installed
      Publisher: openindiana.org
        Version: 2.41
         Branch: 2015.0.1.0
Packaging Date: July 27, 2015 10:43:31 AM
           Size: 0.00 B
           FMRI:
pkg://openindiana.org/library/perl-5/xml-parser@2.41-2015.0.1.0:20150727T104331Z

---