[oi-dev] [HEADSUP] IPS update in OpenIndiana Hipster

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Sat Jun 6 11:51:31 UTC 2015

Hi Alexander!

> I'm glad to inform you that I've just updated IPS to version close
> to 2015 Oracle IPS, based on work which Igor Kozhukhov has done for
> EveryCity (https://github.com/everycity/pkg5/tree/ec-py27-ec-zones
> ).

This is very nice!  Sorry that I cannot test this at the moment.
However, I have one question:  Which cherrypy version is in there?
The reason I ask is that I am using publisher names with a dash
(minus sign, '-').  The cherrypy version Oracle is using (3.1.2)
works fine.  The cherrypy in OmniOS (3.2.2) is broken and will not
serve packages for such publishers.  Dan McD has asked me to test
with 3.5.0, which I will do as soon as I can.

Thanks  -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"