[oi-dev] Update IPS from https://github.com/everycity/pkg5/tree/ec-py27-ec-zones

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Thu Jun 4 20:42:52 UTC 2015

Hi.

Igor Kozhukhov писал 04.06.2015 20:35:
> I think, tests should be updated to use gcc as build compiler.
> About another failed tests - will be better try to update python to
> 2.7.9
> and check it again with python2.7 as primary python.

I've fixed tests which depended on Sun Studio.

> If you can use new pkg5 now with both python 2.6 & 2.7 - it is fine
> with
> transition period and update env to use python2.7 as primary.
> It¹s not easy and need additional work.
> Also - it is not easy try to switch pkg5 to use python2.7 by one Œpkg
> update¹ - I think you need identify some temporary steps or probably
> through additional repo/publisher.
>
> I did some updates with manual override some files on local build env
> and
> re-install final packages over.
> But I did it in zone, where I no need to check/to use beadm.
>
> And congrats with fantastic work! :)

What difficulties do you see with IPS update? I have one test VM running
it. It uses python2.6 (as it is the default python), but also has
python2.7.
I don't want to ditch python2.6 parts for now. At least until illumos is
not python2.7-only.

Why did you have to do manual overrides?

---