[oi-dev] Automake version

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 18:30:57 UTC 2015

Hi,
to be precise below are the components using automake in the Makefile:

user at oi-userland:~/oi-userland/components$ ggrep -rl "automake" */Makefile
> automaked.txt
user at oi-userland:~/oi-userland/components$ cat automaked.txt | wc -l
106

gnome-panel is OK, I am running gmake install on all 106 packages and we
will see what happens.
Already ORBit2 is not happy:

test/everything/Makefile.am:81: error: using '$(srcdir)' in TESTS is
currently broken: '$(srcdir)/test.sh'

I will report further when the run is complete.

Aurelien

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 1:02 PM, Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru> wrote:

> On 06/10/2015 10:35, Nikola M wrote:

>>> Hello, Aurélian.
>>> Could you also remove automake.p5m from automake-1.11 ?
>>>
>>> Have you checked that old consumers (at least several), for example,
>>> components/gnome-panel, still works with updated automake?
>>>

>> If changes are published in some separate repo, (like alp does), I could
>> try them out when they build.
>> Providing how to figure what are all 'consumers'  that could be affected.
>>

> Hi.
> Almost all components using autotools (I expect it to be ~ 70% userland
> components). Checking them all is unreal, but at least several is doable.
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Alexander Pyhalov,
> system administrator of Southern Federal University IT department

LARCHER Aurélien          | KTH, School of Computer Science and
Communication
Work: +46 (0) 8 790 71 42 | Lindstedtsvägen 5, Plan 4, 100 44 Stockholm,
SWEDEN