[oi-dev] Recent /dev a9 repository ?

Jon Tibble meths at btinternet.com
Fri Jun 19 18:51:07 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 06/19/2015 16:27, Jonathan Adams wrote:
> Only replying to let you know that your messages _are_ getting to the list
> ... Sorry, I don't know the answer.
>
> Jon
>
> On 19 June 2015 at 09:51, Udo Grabowski (IMK) <udo.grabowski at kit.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> (I really hate it to reply to my own posts, but there seems
>> to be no one else left willing to reply...)
>>
>> Amojng the numerous different older and newer pages on how
>> to compile illumos or OI with or without gcc or Sun cc and
>> with this or that version I found this page today where
>> SunStudio 12.3 is mentioned as the compiler now to be
>> used (when stuck with Sun cc):
>> <http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Building+with+oi-build>
>>
>> Can anybody confirm that this is the version oi_151a9 was
>> built with ? Or can anybody tell me if there's a trace of
>> the compiler version left in any of the binaries on oi_151a9 ?

/dev is built with the proper patched SunStudios that are no longer
available for download or free to distribute.
This is why hipster is switching everything to GCC.

I think that page you've mentioned that lists 12.3 is only concerned
with the oi-build/userland stuff as I'm not aware of any publicly
available studio that can build illumos.
See this page that is clear about SunStudio versions for illumos:
http://wiki.illumos.org/display/illumos/How+To+Build+illumos

JT