[oi-dev] UPDATE: New FF37 pkg uploaded, Flash Plugins 9/10/11.x ... do work now inside a gcc compiled Firefox now!

Martin Bochnig mb1x at gmx.com
Mon Mar 30 06:49:08 UTC 2015

http://www.opensxce.org/.FF/37/i386/SUNWfirefox37_supports_FlashPlugin__OpenSolaris_snv_130_i386.pkg.bz2
http://www.opensxce.org/.FF/37/i386/demo_screenshots/
http://www.opensxce.org/.FF/37/i386/README.txt

@@@@@UPDATE@@@@@: Flash Plugin 9/10/11.x
... works now inside this gcc compiled Firefox!
That's a complete Novum. This took another tough week
of work night and day and night.
Nobody has ever achieved this before.

It was tested and is known to work with:
(instabilities and freezes related to videos that are in a too new format can always happen, but are not related to this port, while flash is closed src and I can only take their bins and make them work in FF as good as technically possible)

drwxr-xr-x 2 martin other       4 Dec 27  2007 flash_player_9_solaris_r115_x86
drwx------ 2 martin other       3 Nov  8  2011 flash_player_solaris_10_3_183_11_x86
drwx------ 2 martin other       3 Nov  3  2011 flash_player_solaris_11_1_102_56_x86
-rw------- 1 martin other 4752427 Nov  9  2011 flashplayer10_3r183_11_solaris_x86.tar.bz2
-rw------- 1 martin other 4755108 Aug  9  2011 flashplayer10_3r183_5_solaris_x86.tar.bz2
-rw------- 1 martin other 4752536 Aug 23  2011 flashplayer10_3r183_7_solaris_x86.tar.bz2
-rw------- 1 martin other 6084262 Nov  4  2011 flashplayer11_1r102_55_solaris_x86.tar.bz2
-rw------- 1 martin other 6212851 Mar 20  2012 flashplayer11_2r202_228_solaris_x86.tar.bz2
-rw------- 1 martin other 2859276 Jun 10  2010 flashplayer9r115_solaris_x86.tar.bz2

BTW: Tell me a good reason why I should upload the src ...
(6 still unpaid weeks hard fulltime work for about 100 EUR "donations" all together  .....)

If OI needs "src code developers, hey: OpenSXCE also needs them (beyond myself).
OpenSXCE is based on MartUX which was born in 2006, almost 2 years before Sun-Indiana.
Who and what is OI (other than a re-branded BeleniX)?????

Attention: On all newer Illumos based Distros _except_ OpenSXCE you probably need some loading order
nonsense to get the Flash-Plugin 11.x initializing itself rather than crashing.

INSTALLATION:

$ cd ~/Downloads
$ wget http://opensxce.org/.FF/37/i386/SUNWfirefox37_supports_FlashPlugin__OpenSolaris_snv_130_i386.pkg.bz2
$ bunzip2 ./SUNWfirefox37_supports_FlashPlugin__OpenSolaris_snv_130_i386.pkg.bz2
$ su
# pkgrm SUNWfirefox37
# pkgadd -d ./SUNWfirefox37_supports_FlashPlugin__OpenSolaris_snv_130_i386.pkg

USAGE:
FF37 can be started in 3 different ways, either of the following ...

$ /usr/bin/firefox37

$ /usr/lib/firefox37/bin/firefox

or under JDS/Gnome from {Start}->{All Applications}->{Internet}->{Firefox 37 Beta}

UNINSTALL:
# pkgrm SUNWfirefox37

best regards, %m

email: mb1x at gmx.com
(This would in theory also be my PAYPAL address, but you know the joke about theory vs. practice)

p.s.   I posted this last update here only, because I promised the 3 persons who donated a bit last week, to get Flash working for them.
DONE.

pp.s.  (Sorry for posting something OT, but every citizen of this planet has the duty to watch it!!!)

UNBELIEVABLE!!! USA's Main Goal is WAR IN EUROPE
(German subtitles: UNFASSBAR!!! US Hauptziel IST kRIEG in Europa)
(watch and listen to one of their own so called "think tanks", and wonder about those idiots who react with applause and almost standing ovations)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi7M_P2ldsQ