[oi-dev] [developer] HEADS UP: illumos supports booting from EFI-labeled disks now, including large disks and whole-disk vdevs

Andrew M. Hettinger AHettinger at Prominic.NET
Tue Mar 3 23:25:10 UTC 2015

I will try to do some testing on this this week or next.

This is actually kind of a big deal for me. EFI disks make replacing boot
disks a much simpler procedure.

Thanks for these, guys!

Andrew Hettinger
http://Prominic.NET | Skype: AndrewProminic
Tel: 866.339.3169 (toll free) -or- 1.217.356.2888 x. 110 (int'l)
Fax: 866.372.3356 (toll free) -or- 1.217.356.3356            (int'l)