[oi-dev] [HEADS UP] Updating from /dev to /hipster-2015 is now can be possible
alp at rsu.ru
Tue Oct 27 14:16:20 UTC 2015
Note to all OpenIndiana Hipster users:
0.151.1.8* package versions were replaced by 2013.0.0.0 versions, so
ensure that pkg list |grep '0\.151\.1\.'
output is empty after update (if you use only /hipster-2015 and
/hipster-encumbered repositories). All *-2013.0.0.0 packages were not
recompiled, only version numbers were changed.
Yes, thanks to the work of Hans Rosenfeld (Woodstock), now you can try
updating OpenIndiana /dev installations to /hipster-2015. I specially
say 'can try' as we have removed principal obstacles, but there can be
First of all, note, that we have replaced most of the Studio-compiled
C++ libraries with GCC-compiled (if some are still here, it's not a
feature, but a bug). So, if your C++ applications used something besides
system/library/c++/sunpro, it will not work without recompilation.
Second, some packages can be present in /dev, but not in /hipster. Such
packages should be uninstalled (or added to oi-userland, if you need them).
Now, if you are brave enough, you can try to update your system.
0) Create backup. Really.
1) Uninstall all packages from opensolaris.org publisher
2) pkg set-publisher -g http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-2015 -G
3) pkg unset-publisher opensolaris.org
4) pkg refresh --full
5) pkg update --be-name oi-hipster -nv 2>&1|less - look how it is going
6) pkg update --be-name oi-hipster -v
7) boot new BE and check that you don't have packages with '*0.151.1.*'
branch versions installed
pkg list |grep '0\.151\.1\.'
output is empty)
8) ensure that you have userland incorporation and entire installed:
pkg install userland-incorporation entire at 0.5.11-2015.0.2.1
I've checked that at least I can update default OI /dev text installation
system administrator of Southern Federal University IT department
More information about the oi-dev