[oi-dev] [HEADS UP] Updating from /dev to /hipster-2015 is now can be possible

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 12:04:36 UTC 2015

On 10/27/15 03:16 PM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Note to all OpenIndiana Hipster users:
> 0.151.1.8* package versions were replaced by 2013.0.0.0 versions, so
> ensure that pkg list |grep '0\.151\.1\.'
> output is empty after update (if you use only /hipster-2015 and
> /hipster-encumbered repositories). All *-2013.0.0.0 packages were not
> recompiled, only version numbers were changed.
>
> Yes, thanks to the work of Hans Rosenfeld (Woodstock), now you can try
> updating OpenIndiana /dev installations to /hipster-2015. I specially
> say 'can try' as we have removed principal obstacles, but there can be
> rough edges.

Great! Thank you Woodstock, this is really important moment.
Testing update in next weeks could be crucial, tested with as much
packages as possible etc,
so that one hipster-2015 snapshot can be made, that 151a9 /dev could
always surely update to.

That snapshot can be wayout point for upgrading from /dev that could
always be available.
So let's test updating! :) ('beadm create' for making Boot Environment
-BE- snapshots is your friend)