[oi-dev] Hipster

G B g_patrickb at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 5 23:40:01 UTC 2015

I have an Aspire One D270-1865 netbook that I can successfully install OI gui, OI text, Solaris 11.3 beta, OmniOS, SmartOS.  However, If I try to install Hipster gui (using 1003.usb) I get the console text below.  I've also tried the March version and neither the usb or cdrom version allow for installation either.  With the March usb I get the same errors as this, and if using the cdrom I get a cursor on a green screen that constantly flickers.
Any help would be appreciated.  Console output below:

SunOS Release 5.11 Version illumos-7fc68dd 64-bitCopyright (c) 1983, 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.Hostname: openindianaRemounting root read/writeProbing for device nodes ...Preparing live image for useDone mounting Live imageFailed to apply /etc/svc/profile/platform.xml/lib/svc/method/media-fs-root[273]: /usr/bin/kbd: /usr/bin/kbd: cannot execute [I/O error]/usr/bin/ksh93: cannot find/execute "ksh93" in ISA subdirectoriesRequesting System Maintenance Mode(See /lib/svc/share/README for more information.)Console login service(s) cannot run
Enter user name for system maintenance (control-d to bypass): _