[oi-dev] Openindiana hipster source code on OI servers to fulfill licensing requirements.

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu Oct 15 05:09:57 UTC 2015

15 октября 2015 г. 1:10:03 CEST, Hugo <hugo at myhomeemail.co.uk> пишет:
>Well put.

On the converse side, git is relatively compact in comparison to tarballs. Given we have quite frequent builds of hipster that 'pkg update' is eager to download, storing gigabyt'ish tarballs can become prohibitive and impractical. Note we'd likely have to provide sources to third-party code (oi-userland) used for each release as well?

I think tags on the repo added for each released build should suffice.

Are there 'source packages' in pkg(5) like there are for many other packaging systems? Perhaps, maintaining a pkg-repo of those for public revision (or even generating them and building binaries really from them) is a more useable way of providing the versioned sources to bits of each release (and on the backend, probably a lot from these weekly versions would be dedup'able). And there should be a package with the build procedure resources, as that bit also evolves and is needed to rebuild an exact copy (or as close as one can get).

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android