[oi-dev] Echelog not logging IRC, need for replacement/backup bot

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 08:48:13 UTC 2015

On 09/17/15 09:09 AM, Nikola M wrote:
> Echelog.com stopped logging #oi-dev and #openindiana few days ago
> http://echelog.com/logs/browse/oi-dev/
> (in the begining of September 14th to be precise).
Echelog.com resumed logging, as informed, it was due to netsplit and
maintainer out of country of residence.

But there is a need for backup logging of the channels #oi-dev and
#openindiana
(and others, #illumos, #opensolaris, other illumos distros, etc).
Reason is that there is no many people on channels talking anyway and
that question asked at one time can be answered at another time, and
read after that, looking at the IRC logs.

I have found suggestion it could be botbot.me
or an bot could be spinned up on OI servers to log it inside the OI
project sites.

What do you think?