[oi-dev] P5M dir action and other questions

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Apr 12 07:09:11 UTC 2016

bentahyr at chez.com писал 12.04.2016 08:11:
> Hi,
>
> I see that I don't have to put dir action in p5m so I was wondering
> when should I use it and when I shouldn't ?

You should use dir action when this is some special (possibly empty)
directory, for example, to store configs or data files.
Also you use dir action when you need directory with some special
permissions.

> Should I assume that if a file action point to a directory that
> doesn't exist, IPS will create the dir ?
Yes.

> I started to package gCompris but it is 267M tar.bz2, so it will be a
> big package (prototype directory is 355M). Is there any strategy or
> policy around separating progs from data, from regional data sets ?
Does it include debug info? Perhaps, it can be stripped? You can use
facets to mark regional data sets.

> I started to package elinks unstable because the v0.11 doesn't work
> properly, it seems and I have the following issue.
> The archive file is elinks-current-0.13.tar.bz2 but once unpacked, the
> source directory is elinks-0.13-20160323/ (change the date every day).
> I tried a few tricks in the Makefile but none of them seems to be
> robust. What would be the proper strategy to tackle the fact that
> every download might lead to a changing source directory name ?
If it's change of directory name in each download, this means tarball is
changing.
So your component will have issues with it anyway. So, the only good
sollution I see is to put
pre-fetched tarball here
http://dlc.openindiana.org/oi-build/source-archives/ and use it. Or try
to download
specific VCS revision of elinks.

> Finally is there a way to have 2 packages offering the same binaries
> but you can't install both of them ? The example would be to have 2
> packages elinks and elinks-unstable packages both offering /bin/elinks
> but being unable to install both of them.

You'll have to move elinks files to separate directories and use
mediated links for binaries.
The question is - do we want to deliver both elinks versions or just the
latest.

---