[oi-dev] OpenIndiana Code of Conduct

WebDawg webdawg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 22:12:42 UTC 2016

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 5:08 PM, Alan Coopersmith <
alan.coopersmith at oracle.com> wrote:

> On 08/ 1/16 03:01 PM, WebDawg wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 5:31 PM, Alan Coopersmith <
>> alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
>> <mailto:alan.coopersmith at oracle.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 08/ 1/16 07:13 AM, WebDawg wrote:
>>
>>         Do you really want a group of people assigned to disciplining
>> people, in the
>>         dark?  How about anonymous complaints, but on an open forum?
>> There
>>         should be a
>>         POC to complain, but if you want the project to be 'open' should
>> not
>>         every thing
>>         be open?
>>

>>     Not necessarily.  You don't want people afraid to report because
>> they're going
>>     to be publicly exposed, and you don't want people threatening the
>> project
>>     claiming they've been publicly defamed over accusations.   Sometimes
>> privacy is
>>     the best policy, and not everything needs to be open to the world.
>>
>> I could just see it being used to report things that now someone cannot
>> defend.
>>

> The team handling the abuse complaints can ask the accused to respond
> privately,
> without involving the rest of the world.
>
> --
>         -Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
>          Oracle Solaris Engineering - http://blogs.oracle.com/alanc

Can you put that in there somewhere.  I have been banned from so many
places because I pissed just one person off.  I am sure other people can
relate.  It sucks and most of the time it is for a very childish reason.
Who/what group would make the final decision to remove someone from a
list/etc?

I am not saying any of this applies now but no one can predict the future
and who is to say who is going to be running the project in the far future.