[oi-dev] OpenIndiana Code of Conduct

Adam Števko adam.stevko at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 11:29:15 UTC 2016

Hi Peter,

The abuse@ is general address to report any kind of abuses widely used in ISP space. These addresses are mostly obtainable via WHOIS or looking at RIR handle (in our case it’s RIPE). As OpenIndiana isn’t a registered member nor has separate handle in RIPE, any WHOIS request will reach EveryCity. Also, this email address hasn’t existed till I set it up 2 weeks ago, so it couldn’t have been abused. I replaced it with conduct at openindiana.org <mailto:conduct at openindiana.org>. Are you OK with that?

> There ought to be some detail of how a report is dealt with. The Django code
> of conduct is pretty good for that, but presupposes a formal structure we
> do not (yet) have.

I like the way how Django used that and we might reuse some parts of it. Thanks for suggestion.

Cheers,
Adam