[oi-dev] Stable Intel DRM/KMS Sol12 backport diffs and test bins

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Thu Aug 11 11:21:44 UTC 2016

On 08/11/16 02:09 PM, Мартин Бохниг via oi-dev wrote:

> Well,  as it appears from feedback (lack of) nobody is using Intel anymore and so nobody needs Intel-KMS.
> Maybe nobody uses computers anymore and I just misssed the news.

Of course, there are people using Intel. But people running OpenIndiana
used to hear that NVidia is the only real choice, perhaps that's why you
didn't get immediate feedback.

I'm personally is very interested in your work, but I'll have a dozen
other things to do (also besides OI/illumos projects, these two weeks
I'm rather busy at work). As for OI-related activities, firstly I'd like
to finish with Mate integration and, perhaps, find some patch for
illumos-gate which would allow us to drop illumos-gate-provided sendmail
with minimal effort). When I finish with these activities, I'll look at
your KMS work.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,